Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Moved in!

Sorry I haven't posted for so long, but we've been a little busy moving out of our condo and into our new house. We're all moved in and trying to get unpacked and settled now. Before we moved in, my dad and brother-in-law, Dan, came for 4 days to help do some projects. They tore up the existing linoleum flooring and installed a gorgeous dark hard wood floor. It looks great, but was a lot more work than the thought it was going to be as they had to tear up 2 levels of sub flooring! Yikes. They did all kind of other project too- the biggest being replacing almost every light fixture in the house! Including one in the stairwell that is about 25 feet up in the air! Dan used the 16 foot ladder from the top floor landing. It looked pretty scary!!!

My dad came back to help with Aaron during the move and help with some more small projects and we're having a great time! I don't know that we're ever going to let him leave us!

Our new address is:
1618 W. Beach Street
Chicago, IL 60622

We have a real guest bedroom now, so we'd love to have visitors! Chicago is a great place to visit!

3 comments:

Brianne said...

Hooray! So glad to hear you got moved in. I've got your new address in my book. Keep your eyes peeled for a little note in your mailbox soon!

Love you!

Tom Coenen said...

Is it Beach Street or Beach Avenue? I consulted google maps the other day to try to get it right, and it said Beach Avenue. I'm guessing either one would work, though considering the incompetency of the Chicago postal service who knows.

Unknown said...

HI Coenens, I was just looking at all of the adorable pictures of Aaron that you have posted.He really looks like you did Tim, when you were a baby! Congratulations on your new home.We were just with Mike and Mary Gage and were talking about you so I finally got around to looking up your website. Our Best Patti and Dan Stotmeister