Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Aaron's first haircut

Aaron got his first haircut yesterday, at 10 1/2 months old. His hair was getting pretty long and was hanging over his ears and curling in the back. It was a hard to decide when to cut his hair for the first time. His curls really were cute, but it was getting long on the top and the sides. There was a part of me that wanted to keep the hair because it made him look like a baby and not a big boy, but now that he's walking, I realized that keeping the baby hair didn't keep him a baby! Connor was also in need of his first haircut, so Kate and I decided to do it together! There's a really cute place in Chicago called Snippets that is only for kids, so that's where we went.

I wasn't sure what Aaron would think of the whole process, so I prepared myself for the worst! I was pleasantly surprised that he didn't have ANY problems at all!! He let Anastacia cut his hair and even let her use the clippers to trim up the back and sides! He didn't keep his head still the entire time, but he didn't whine or cry or act like it bothered him at all! Connor wasn't so sure about his haircut, but after some coaxing with a lollipop and a comb to chew on, he settled down and let her do the job. The clippers were out of the question, but he got a nice scissor cut!

Kate and I were really proud of our big boys! I included some of them today- first day with their new 'do's! Enjoy the pictures!



















3 comments:

Amy Thompson said...

Oh my goodness... his hair had gotten soo long! What a big boy- he'll be a pro at the haircuts :) Looked like a really cute place that you had it done :)

^..^Linda and Bob said...

Love the pictures--what a great specialty shop--only in The City!

With love,

^..^
>I< Aunt Linda

Bev Totten said...

That's my big man! What a great place to get his first cut! Pics are adorable-can't wait to see him! Love, Nan :)