Friday, December 2, 2011

Chatty Maggie

I've really not done a good job of keeping track of Maggie's speech and language development the way I did with Aaron, so I'm going to focus here on our little lady!

Here's a little snapshot of what Maggie is up to and talking about at 20 months old:

*Maggie loves to sing and can be talked out of almost any bad mood with a song! (My mom was singing London Bridge with Maggie over Thanksgiving and we took her to Target with us and she kept singing the "take the keys and look her up" portion of the song! Mom & I were worried that she might be giving people the wrong idea!)

*She counts all the time, in English and Spanish. She skips a number or two every now and then, but can often count from 1-10!

*Her vocabulary is amazing! I have no idea how many words she has, but if I had to guestimate, I would say it's probably at least 250-350 words. She has a word for almost everything that she wants to say and is now using more action words, rather than just labeling things.

*Maggie is putting together 2-4 word phrases a lot these days. Some of my favorites recently have been: "Mommy, you get up!" (When she comes into our bedroom in the morning and wants me to get out of bed!) "Mommy, you come with me." "I love you, Daddy!" "What's this?" "Maggie's turn" "Bows in my hair." "Me rip chain. (We did a paper chain to countdown our trip to Disney.)

*Maggie is a lover and she loves to snuggle and give hugs. She is also a go-getter, can almost always keep up with Aaron, and doesn't let anyone push her around. She just manages to do it in a sweet way! :)

*She is a tough cookie, which I think she has had to be living with a big brother! She will fall down, get knocked over, hit her head, etc and as long as she's not tired, she'll just get right back up and keep going. Rarely do you see tears when she gets hurt and it's something that people comment on a lot.

*Maggie is starting to develop her sense of humor and when she thinks something is funny, she will point and laugh really loudly!

*When she gets excited, she will jump up and down and dance in circles.

*Maggie is in LOVE with our Elf on the Shelf (named E.) and will look around and laugh and laugh when she finds him! She also loves the Christmas tree ornaments and has currently broken 3 of them. (She has 2 or 3 that she can take off the tree as she likes and the rest are supposed to be touched with "one finger"!)

I'm not as thorough about keeping close track of all of Maggie's development, but I think that's because it's so much easier to relax and just enjoy it with the second child. We love you, Maggie, and are so proud of you!



No comments: