Monday, December 30, 2013

Funny kids






After picking Aaron and Maggie up one day after school, Maggie was whining and being generally unhappy.  I said to her, "Maggie, if you don't stop whining you know what is going to happen when we get home."  And Aaron pipes up and says, "Yeah Maggie, you'll be G-O-I-N-G  T-O  B-E-D."  Tim and I often spell things aloud that we don't want the kids to hear, so Aaron did some spelling aloud himself!  I just about died laughing, but I was so impressed that he could spell 3 words in a row with perfect fluency- he didn't even have to stop to think about how to spell them!  Guess our spelling aloud days are about over!

Aaron was telling me about his day at school and said this:  "Allie is the best reader in our class, Mom.  She can read the whole book without any help!  She's a good speller too- she can even spell the word gypsy and I don't even know what that word means!" 




No comments: